Sub-national Capacity Strengthening for Monitoring Socio-Economic Development Plan Implementation (SCSM)
Annual and 5 Year Socio-Economic Development Plans (SEDPs) play a key role in the development process of Vietnam at both national and sub-national levels. However, the implementation of SEDPs in the past often went without proper Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and was considered a factor contributing to its low effectiveness and efficiency.
Along with the preparing development results-based SEDPs, the Government also undertakes a number of initiatives in monitoring the progress in implementing SEDPs and towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals. The first SED M&E framework was developed by the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) in 2007 to define the M&E framework concerning the implementation of the national SEDP 2006-2010. It also provides a guiding framework and calls for provinces to develop and implement their own SEDP M&E frameworks and guidelines.
Within the AA4 global initiative, UNDP and SNV Viet Nam have helped Thua Thien - Hue partners in formulating a new project with a goal to develop and field-test a local M&E framework and guidelines to monitor the implementation of SEDPs at all 3 sub-national levels. The project will run for 2 years 2008-2009 by the Department of Planning and Investment of Thua Thien - Hue province. UNDP and SNV will be providing technical assistance to and quality assurance of project activities.
What are the project's key results?
- Local M&E capacity strengthening needs assessed, M&E data stock-taken, M&E indicators and baselines developed
- SEDP M&E framework/guidelines for Thua Thien - Hue province developed, field tested and validated for use in Thua Thien - Hue province
- Lessons learned and results of pilot activities gathered, analyzed and shared for replication inside and outside Thua Thien - Hue province
Finance, Executing and Implementing Agency
|Project Number||Funding||Executing Agency||Implementing Agency|
|US$210,000 ($190,000 from AA4 Funding, and $20,000 from government contribution)||People’s Committee of Thua Thien - Hue Province||Department of Planning and Investment of Thua Thien - Hue Province|
- Project start date
- Geographic coverage
- Thua Thien - Hue Province
- Focus area
- Democratic Governance
- UNDP Programme officer
- Mr. Vu Ngoc Anh; email@example.com; Tel: (84 4) 942 1495 ext. 285
- Mr. Nguyen Quang Cuong; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Tel: 84-054-822213