Strengthening the capacity of the Government Inspectorate and the Government of Viet Nam to monitor and report on corruption and anti-corruption efforts (in compliance with the UN Convention against Corruption) (GI-UNCAC Project)
The fight against corruption is a high priority for the Government of Viet Nam and since signing the UN Convention against Corruption in 2003, the Government has embarked on a major drive to strengthen its legal and institutional framework for preventing and combating corruption. However, mechanisms to tackle corruption remain rudimentary and poorly enforced as the political, administrative and financial systems are adapting to the rapid deregulation and liberalisation of the market.
The development outcome of the project is to improve the ability of the Government of Viet Nam to prevent and combat corruption in compliance with the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC).
What are the project's key results?
- Strengthened national capacity to comply with international norms and standards provided by UNCAC
- Strengthened institutional capacities for monitoring and evaluating corruption and anti-corruption efforts in compliance with UNCAC
- Strengthened partnership and public involvement in the monitoring and evaluation of corruption and anti-corruption in Vietnam
Finance, Executing and Implementing Agency
|Project Number||Funding||Executing Agency||Implementing Agency|
|63558||EU and UNDP||Government Inspectorate (GI)||Research Institute and other related departments within and outside GI|
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Year
- Project start date
- 4 years
- Geographic coverage
- Focus area
- Democratic Governance
- UNDP Programme officer
- Nguyen Thi Ngoc Han; email@example.com; Tel: (84 4) 3942 1495 ext.286
- Nguyen Hong Giang / Hoang Hung; Tel: 08049036