Strengthening the impact of Public Administration Reform in Vietnam in Da Nang city
Improving performance of civil servants and quality of delivery of public services to the people and organizations through OSS/IAOSS mechanism are priorities in the PAR Master Plan 2011-2020 of Da Nang City. These objectives are in line with the policy and priority directions of UNDP in the coming years, which is a key strategic priority for Da Nang Department of Home Affairs and UNDP cooperation given that UNDP is strongly positioned to offer policy advice, expertise and experience from around the world in strengthening access to public administration services of the people and disadvantaged groups. Through support to Da Nang Department of Home Affairs, the project aims to enhance a customer-oriented approach; and accountability and transparency of human resource development procedures. Furthermore, the project will support Department of Home Affairs in its advocacy efforts towards gender equity in public administration system and in accessing administrative services.
The project “Strengthening the impact of Public Administration Reform in Da Nang city” and 3 other similar projects in Bac Giang, Can Tho and Ha Tinh and one project with the Ministry of Home Affairs are funded by UNDP with the general goal of supporting localities in implementing PAR and sharing PAR results for other localities to follow.
What are the project's key results?
Output 1: The quality and performance of civil servants and public employees in the localities fundamentally improved.
- Staff recruitment process based on competition and merits improved and applied.
- Mechanism for result-based remuneration is developed and completed.
- Training Programme for compulsory knowledge and skills according to job titles and specializations and in the form of credits developed and put into use.
- The staff management system modernized towards on-line application.
Output 2: The quality of delivery of public admin. services to the people and organizations through OSS/IAOSS mechanism fundamentally improved.
- The set of indicators and toolkits for assessment of satisfaction with the quality of admin. services delivered to of citizens and organizations is developed.
Finance, Executing and Implementing Agency
|Project Number||Funding||Executing Agency||Implementing Agency|
|69828||USD 1,320,000 including total grant ODA: USD 1,200,000 and counterpart funding: VND 2,520,000,000 equivalent to USD 120,000, consisting of in-kind contribution (office, equipment and office administrative fees), and project management allowances for PMU.||People’s Committee of Da Nang city||Department of Home Affairs of Da Nang city|
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Years
- Project start date
- Geographic coverage
- Da Nang
- Focus area
- Democratic Governance
- UNDP Programme officer
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Ngoc Han; firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: (84 4) 3942 1495 ext.286;
- Mr. Dang Cong Ngu / Tran Trung Son; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: (84 511) 3561344