Strengthening the impact of Public Administration Reform in Bac Giang province
Improving performance of civil servants and quality of delivery of public services to the people and organizations through OSS/IAOSS mechanism are priorities in the PAR Master Plan 2011-2020 of Bac Giang. These objectives are in line with the policy and priority directions of UNDP in the coming years, which is a key strategic priority for Bac Giang DOHA and UNDP cooperation, given that UNDP is strongly positioned to offer policy advice, expertise and experience from around the world in strengthening access to public administration services of the people and disadvantaged groups. Through support to Bac Giang DOHA, the project aims to enhance a customer-oriented approach, and accountability and transparency of human resource development procedures. Furthermore, the project will support Bac Giang DOHA in its advocacy efforts towards gender equity in public administration system and in accessing administrative services.
The project, together with 3 other similar projects in Da Nang city, Can Tho city and Ha Tinh province and one project with Ministry of Home Affairs, is targeting the general goal of supporting localities in the implementation of PAR initiatives and sharing PAR results for other localities to follow.
What are the project's key results?
Output 1: Quality and performance of civil servants and public employees in Bac Giang province fundamentally improved.
- Staff management system developed, tested and completed for handing over to the province for use.
- Essential conditions for improving staff performance capacity strengthened
Output 2: The quality of delivery of public administration services to the people and organizations through OSS/IAOSS mechanism fundamentally improved.
- Joint application software supporting the operation of OSS/IAOSS at district and commune levels developed, tested and completed for handing over to the localities for use.
- Knowledge, skills of the staff working at OSS/IAOSS strengthened through in-depth training courses.
Finance, Executing and Implementing Agency
|Project Number||Funding||Executing Agency||Implementing Agency|
|69826||USD 1,381,796 including USD 1,150,000 ODA and USD 231,976 counterpart funding (in-kind and in-cash)||UNDP, People’s Committee of Bac Giang province||Department of Home Affairs of Bac Giang province (Bac Giang DOHA)|
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Years
- Project start date
- Geographic coverage
- Bac Giang province and other provinces, cities.
- Focus area
- Democratic Governance
- UNDP Programme officer
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Ngoc Han; email@example.com; Tel: (84 4) 3942 1495 ext. 286
- Mr. Nguyen Duc Hoa; firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: (0240) 3854484
- Mr. Dang Thien Hung; email@example.com; Tel: (0240) 3555397