Support for Effective Policy Making through the Development of Scientific Evidence Based Research
The project aims to build the capacity of VASS researchers in three areas: research management, human development research and policy advocacy. The project will also provide researchers with opportunities to practically apply these skills, in particular through the preparation of a national Human Development Report for Viet Nam. The report will improve the understanding of human development in Viet Nam and outline practical policy approaches for expanding the choices and opportunities available to all Vietnamese citizens.
VASS conducts fundamental research into socio-economic, cultural and human development in Viet Nam at the request of the Government. Through applied research projects within its 29 institutes, VASS provides the academic foundations for Government plans, strategies and policies. As Viet Nam becomes increasingly integrated into the world economy and an increasingly active member of the international community, the issues faced by policy makers are more complex and fast changing. By improving research processes and production within VASS, policy makers can be fully equipped with the knowledge, research and analysis they need to address these challenging policy issues.
What are the project's key results?
- The adoption by VASS of a unified, modern and structured management approach to executing scientific research projects, based on internationally recognised standards of project and programme management.
- The establishment of a network of experts capable of producing high-quality human development research, including the next national Human Development Report for Viet Nam.
- The increased capacity of VASS researchers to produce and communicate research based on scientific evidence in support of policy-making at all levels of Government.
Finance, Executing and Implementing Agency
|Project Number||Funding||Executing Agency||Implementing Agency|
|61976 or 50249
||Total budget is US$3,573,000 (includes USD 30,000 in-kind services from VASS)||Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences (VASS)||Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences (VASS)|
Delivery in Previous Fiscal Year
- Project start date
- 3 years
- Geographic coverage
- Ha Noi
- Focus area
- Democratic Governance
- UNDP Programme officer
- Ms. Tran My Hanh; firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: (84 4) 942 1495 ext. 179
- Mr. Nguyen Thanh Ha; email@example.com; Tel: (84 4) 2730406