20 years’ implementation of sustainable development, especially nearly 10 years’ implementation of the Strategic Orientation for Sustainable Development, has seen Viet Nam taking advantage of good opportunities, overcoming numerous difficulties and challenges, and achieving major gains in the economic, social and environmental fields.
Environment, Climate Change & Disasters
Like most of the K'Ho ethnic minority people living Preteng village, in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam, K'Sau is a person of the forest. The 30-years-old man and his family fully depend on the forests, particularly to meet their needs for fuel, water and food.More
- View More
“Sometimes elder male colleagues treated me like I am a young girl”, says Nguyen Thi Truc, a 24-year-old environment official in Viet Nam’s Dinh Trung commune. Truc has found it difficult to be respected as a women working in disaster risk management.More
Projects and Initiatives
The project objective is to strengthen the capacity of policy makers and stakeholders in the industry sector to reduce GHG emissions, enhance climate resilience and exploit associated green trade opportunities. It aims at removing barriers that are restricting industrial enterprises in Viet Nam from adopting technologies to improve resource efficiency and productivity, business and trade practices to improve resource efficiency, productivity and competitiveness in national and international markets. more
his project will help the Vietnamese Government to remove the barriers in order to effectively contain and/or remediate the highly dioxin-contaminated material in the three main hotspot areas (Da Nang, Bien Hoa and Phu Cat) and help to address the technical, institutional, financial as well as societal root causes for enabling Viet Nam to address additional sites of concern. more
Developing national biodiversity strategy and action plan and mainstreaming biodiversity conservation into provincial planning
The project will provide technical assistance to the Government of Vietnam (GoV) to address the above-mentioned barriers. More specifically, it will promote biodiversity conservation through the updating of the country’s NBSAP; enhance government capacity for the implementation of the new NBSAP, including monitoring and reporting on the status biodiversity to the CBD and the national assembly; and mainstream biodiversity priorities into provincial land-use plans. The project will also help the GoV to fulfil its commitments to associated international conventions it has ratified. more
- 21 Aug 2019:Speech on launching of the project “Strengthening the capacities for budgetary decision and oversight of people’s elected bodies in Viet Nam”
- 18 Aug 2015:Remarks by UNDP Deputy Country Director, Mr. Bakhodir Burkhanov at the 2nd Vietnam Social Assistance Training: Development and Implementation of Social Assistance Policy
- 07 Aug 2015: Speech by UN Resident Coordinator, UNDP Resident Representative Ms. Pratibha Mehta Consultation workshop, Draft Viet Nam's 2015 MDG Report
- 07 Aug 2015:Millennium Development Goals – four achieved!
- 07 Aug 2015:Speech by UN Resident Coordinator, UNDP Resident Representative Ms. Pratibha Mehta at the Consultation workshop on draft Viet Nam’s 2015 MDG Report
Act Now Save Later