How can we end poverty? Join the global conversation with UNDP
In the run-up to the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Summit in September, UNDP will host a live, online Facebook and Ustream (http://www.ustream.tv/undp.) conversation on the global fight against poverty and the actions required to achieve sustainable development. The conversation, the first of its kind to be hosted by UNDP, aims to engage the public on the MDGs and the action plan that will be discussed by world leaders during the upcoming Summit.
During the Facebook conversation, UNDP Chief Helen Clark will be online answering questions about the MDGs and discussing their achievement with any member of the general public. Throughout the Summit, Miss Clark will also use the UNDP Twitter account to update the public on the latest developments and outcomes. She will sign her personal tweets with “^HC”.
What: Online Conversation on Ending Poverty
Who: Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator
When: 15 September 2010, at 2:30PM GMT / 8.30PM Hanoi
How: The event will broadcast live on the UNDP Facebook Page and on Ustream.
How you can participate:
- By submitting your MDG-related questions to Miss Clark before the live broadcast through Facebook and Twitter (using @undp and #endpoverty) or by emailing: email@example.com
- By sharing the event with your friends
To find out more about the conversation, please visit http://www.undp.org/mdg/conversation.shtml
- For nurses and doctors in remote areas, reliable electricity makes the difference between saving a life or losing a life. Solar-powered pre-fab clinics are changing all this and they're cheaper to run and more environmentally friendly: #SE4ALL | #Health4ALL | #GlobalGoals 9 hours ago
- Without daycare or kindergarten in their village, single moms in Georgia are stuck between needing more money than they earn to hire a babysitter or staying at home to watch their children. It's even harder for Lela because her village is next to South Ossetia, where border disputes lead to violence, so babysitters are hard to come by. A daycare and kindergarten has given Lela and other single moms a safe place to leave children while they work: #ShareHumanity | #GlobalGoals | UNDP Georgia 17 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook