How can we end poverty? Join the global conversation with UNDP
In the run-up to the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Summit in September, UNDP will host a live, online Facebook and Ustream (http://www.ustream.tv/undp.) conversation on the global fight against poverty and the actions required to achieve sustainable development. The conversation, the first of its kind to be hosted by UNDP, aims to engage the public on the MDGs and the action plan that will be discussed by world leaders during the upcoming Summit.
During the Facebook conversation, UNDP Chief Helen Clark will be online answering questions about the MDGs and discussing their achievement with any member of the general public. Throughout the Summit, Miss Clark will also use the UNDP Twitter account to update the public on the latest developments and outcomes. She will sign her personal tweets with “^HC”.
What: Online Conversation on Ending Poverty
Who: Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator
When: 15 September 2010, at 2:30PM GMT / 8.30PM Hanoi
How: The event will broadcast live on the UNDP Facebook Page and on Ustream.
How you can participate:
- By submitting your MDG-related questions to Miss Clark before the live broadcast through Facebook and Twitter (using @undp and #endpoverty) or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By sharing the event with your friends
To find out more about the conversation, please visit http://www.undp.org/mdg/conversation.shtml
- "When you create a story, what questions do you think of? What do you want to talk about and how do you want to come across with your message?". Those were some of the reflections put on table during today's workshop for students from public schools in Rio and Project Young Journalist organized by Rio+ Centre and CIEDS. To reveal the importance of critical thinking and to show more of the wonderful world of writing by share of experiences, we invited two entrepreneurs: Carla Siccos from Cdd Acontece, the main journal of City of God/Cidade de Deus and Guilherme Vinicius Roberto from Livreteria Popular Juraci Nascimento, an itinerant literature space. Stay tuned for more! The young leaders have already started collecting and writing stories to inspire people towards sustainable development and urban transformation for the upcoming #Olympics. #SDGs #Rio United Nations Development Programme - UNDP SDG Action Campaign Rio 2016 PNUD Brasil UNICEF 2 hours ago
- FROM SWEDEN PLEASE HELP US A new law about refugees has been issued on 21/6/2016 and it will be activated on 20/7/2016 but it does not distinguish between those who entered before the issuance of this law and entered after, as a refugees we were not aware about it at all, not even a slight knowledge of it, because the parties meeting was on November 2015, consequently all of those who arrived before that date should not be covered under the new rules, even when we made the first interview in the migration department (Migrationsverket) we have not been told, therefore we have gained the rights of the current law of that time. It is injustice and unfair to be dealt with us under the terms of the new law, this law should not Boston e applied retroactively. Law passed by the Swedish Parliament was all who came after 24/11/2015 But the Department of Immigration, who included who before 24/11/2015 it's strange thing. The copy of the right decision its present in the Sweden Parliament. On what this law may affect? 1-It could take years to get the families back together. 2-Burial scientific certificates and deprive their holders of continuing educational attainment. 3-Passive support of the black market and the resulting exploitation of the owners of temporary residency permits. SUPPORT US, DO NOT LIMIT OUR DREAMS 4 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook