How can we end poverty? Join the global conversation with UNDP
In the run-up to the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Summit in September, UNDP will host a live, online Facebook and Ustream (http://www.ustream.tv/undp.) conversation on the global fight against poverty and the actions required to achieve sustainable development. The conversation, the first of its kind to be hosted by UNDP, aims to engage the public on the MDGs and the action plan that will be discussed by world leaders during the upcoming Summit.
During the Facebook conversation, UNDP Chief Helen Clark will be online answering questions about the MDGs and discussing their achievement with any member of the general public. Throughout the Summit, Miss Clark will also use the UNDP Twitter account to update the public on the latest developments and outcomes. She will sign her personal tweets with “^HC”.
What: Online Conversation on Ending Poverty
Who: Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator
When: 15 September 2010, at 2:30PM GMT / 8.30PM Hanoi
How: The event will broadcast live on the UNDP Facebook Page and on Ustream.
How you can participate:
- By submitting your MDG-related questions to Miss Clark before the live broadcast through Facebook and Twitter (using @undp and #endpoverty) or by emailing: email@example.com
- By sharing the event with your friends
To find out more about the conversation, please visit http://www.undp.org/mdg/conversation.shtml
- Hello everybody I’m a retired senior research technician, I have worked for more than 20 years, working with several foreign groups, (SCRIPPS UCSD, Kalmar University, etc.), acquiring some experience, thanks to their teaching ( marine bacteria and phytoplankton, in field and in lab ), and frankly I'm still able to work and thus offer my cooperation and experience to someone who needs it. My email : firstname.lastname@example.org. PS: I am willing to go anywhere in the world, wherever there is need. if possible in exchange I ask refund travel and accommodation, and possible bonus at the end of work, if satisfied. If you ask I send my CV. 2 hours ago
- Rajesh Chauhan quit her unrewarding job at a nuts and bolt plant to sign up for the training. “This is a lifetime opportunity for me – I can learn new technologies and explore opportunities for growth. More than just a job, this is a chance to show my community that I too am somebody and can be anybody I want to be.” Proud moment for team #DishaSkills - IDF, United Nations Development Programme - UNDP, Xynteo and IKEA Foundation 3 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook