Poverty rate among ethnic minority groups reduced by 8% over five years says latest survey
Ha Noi – The poverty rate among ethnic minority groups in Viet Nam has fallen by eight percent over the past five years. Among the H’Mong ethnic minority group poverty fell by 24.3 percent. This is one of the conclusions in a new report analyzing the impacts of Programme 135, phase II, the national poverty reduction programme. The report highlights the key outcomes and impacts of Programme 135-II, including on issues such as living standards, housing conditions, access to electricity and quality of life of targeted households.
Programme 135-II is the key socio-economic development and poverty reduction programme of the Government of Viet Nam. To evaluate the effectiveness of the programme, the Committee for Ethnic Minorities Affairs conducted a baseline survey in 2007, with the support of UNDP, and an end-line survey in 2012, with financial support provided by the Embassy of Finland and technical assistance from UNDP. These surveys provide a rich dataset on the situation facing mountainous ethnic minority men, women and children. The Committee for Ethnic Minorities Affairs presented the key findings on 21 December to representatives from various ministries, Government agencies, UN agencies, development partners, NGOs, research institutes and ten related provinces.
- Read the full report “Impacts of Programme 135-phase II (2006-2010) through Lens of Baseline and End-line surveys” here
- A CD with the raw dataset is available at the UNDP Viet Nam office
- Why? Only hazara people kill We need in our country peace So come together and get it form government. So please help us 4 hours ago
- https://www.change.org/p/al-parlamento-europeo-contro-sottrazione-illecita-dei-minori-da-parte-psicologi-servizi-sociali-giudici Sign the petition! Save the children! Petition to save children from unlawful removal. I have signed, if you want you can do it by clicking. NO to the unlawful removal of minors. Let's free the children and bring them back to the parents. Psychologist kidnapped the child just to see how he is without the family. An unprecedented case. Every child in danger because of the iniquity of psychologists, social services and judges. We can not tolerate it in a democratic society. It is urgently needed to put in place a package of measures oriented to the common european protection of the families from abuse by social services, psychologists and magistrates. That is the only way to revitalize democratic life and overcome the demotivation, demoralization and anxiety of a large part of European society. 4 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook