National Assembly gets international insights for considering the draft revised Environment Law
Ha Noi - Members of the National Assembly as well as the steering committee and the drafting team of the Law on Environmental Protection revision got more information and international experiences on practical laws at a workshop jointly held in Ha Noi on 18 February 2014 by the National Assembly Committee of Science, Technology and Environment (CSTE) and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) with support from the UN Development Programme (UNDP).
Discussion at the workshop focused on four issues, including environmental protection planning; environmental protection in the context of climate change; legislative base for environmental dispute or environmental pollution settlement; and obligations under International Conventions on management of toxic chemicals and hazardous waste, including import waste management. In particular, participants in the workshop listened to and discussed insights on formulating and implementing environmental legislation in Indonesia and China were shared and discussed at the workshop.
During the workshop, Mr Bakhodir Burkhanov, UNDP Deputy Country Director, commended Viet Nam for the inclusion of separate chapters on civil society organizations and climate change in the draft Law on Environmental Protection. “While the draft law recognizes the general rights and responsibilities of civil society organizations and local communities in environmental protection, the Law should enable active participation of citizens and people’s organizations in environmental impact assessment as well as monitoring environmental pollution,” he noted.
“Today’s workshop has provided the information that the National Assembly’s is interested in,” said Mr Pham Xuan Dung, Chairman of CSTE. He added that at the upcoming meeting of the NA Standing Committee on 27 February, CSTE would be asked to report on the Environment Law related issues for consideration, CSTE therefore needs to have opinions from various perspectives. “CSTE appreciate international and national experts for your valuable opinions,” he said.
- Please read:
- UNDP opening speech
- Environmental Planning or Environmental Protection Planning: from international experience to potential application in Viet Nam
- Environmental Protection in the context of Climate Change (by Mr. Tran Thuc and by Koos Neefjes)
- Legislative base for Environmental Dispute or Environmental Pollution Settlement: an Indonesian practice
- La vicegobernadora @lauramonteromza , el Coord.del Sistema de #NacionesUnidas y Rep.Residente del United Nations Development Programme - UNDP #Argentina, @renemauricio Valdés, y la Sec. Ejecutiva del CNCPS @agostogabriela firman en Legislatura Abierta #mendoza el compromiso por los #ODS. 3 hours ago
- #SDG2: Zero Hunger - Countdown to Rio 2016! (português abaixo) "My profession? I am a barber, photographer, cultural producer and father too. I do everything that brings benefit to the community, regardless of who is getting help. Our place has a lot to offer and, sometimes, young people are lost between these choices. The family base is the biggest difficulty here: young people do not have to put money in the house, but to study, make a qualifying course. I see our children and feel I can not leave them behind, I need to guide them to become good people. Almost no one stopped to hear the children; Most orders and expect them to obey. I made sure of listen them." – Key Tetra, 38 years old #ODS2: Fome Zero - Contagem regressiva para Rio 09 dias! "Minha profissão? Sou barbeiro, fotógrafo, produtor cultural e pai também. Faço tudo que traz benefício para a comunidade, independentemente de quem está recebendo ajuda. Nosso lugar tem muita coisa a oferecer e, às vezes, os jovens ficam perdidos no meio dessas escolhas. A base familiar é a maior dificuldade daqui: os jovens não têm que colocar dinheiro dentro de casa, mas estudar, fazer um curso de qualificação. Vejo as nossas crianças e sinto que não posso deixá-las para trás, preciso orientá-las para que se tornem pessoas do bem. Quase ninguém para e ouve as crianças; a maioria manda e espera que elas obedeçam. Eu faço questão de ouvir o que elas têm a dizer" – Key Tetra, 38 anos #humansofrio #humansofmyworld #rio2016 #cantagalo PNUD Brasil United Nations Development Programme - UNDP UNDP in Latin America and the Caribbean SDG Action Campaign 3 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook