Viet Nam undergoes second Universal Periodic Review
On the 5th of February 2014, Viet Nam, represented by a 23-member delegation headed by Mr. Ha Kim Ngoc, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, went through the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) for the second time. In its first UPR in May 2009, Viet Nam received 123 recommendations from 60 countries, out of which 96 were accepted. In this year’s review 106 delegations made statements and 227 recommendations were provided during the interactive dialogue in Geneva. The recommendations will be examined by Viet Nam which will provide its responses at the latest during the 26th session of the Human Rights Council in June 2014.
The Universal Periodic Review (UPR) is a unique process which involves a periodic review of the human rights records of all 193 UN Member States. The UPR is a significant innovation of the Human Rights Council which is based on equal treatment for all countries. It provides an opportunity for all States to declare what actions they have taken to improve the human rights situations in their countries and to overcome challenges to the enjoyment of human rights. The UPR also includes a sharing of best human rights practices around the globe. Currently, no other mechanism of this kind exists.
All documents related to the UPR session for Viet Nam can be found at the website of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Overview of all documents
- UN submitted documents for the UPR, including the UN Country Team Viet Nam’s report
- All civil society reports submitted for the UPR (shadow reports)
- The draft report of the review which includes all recommendations
- The Viet Nam Review - 18th Session of Universal Periodic Review webcast
- thank u guys for serving the world. l would like to inquire about something small, ls it true that your carrying out a campaign in East African countries about UNITED NATION TRAINING PROGRAM which will last for one year in USA and CANADA according to the applicant's place of choice and the application goes for $100 and that there will always be allowance of $1,000. Help me and reply to me about it before we make wrong and fake choices. thank you 51 minutes ago
- please help me. Is this page true or its scam. https://mobile.facebook.com/United-Nations-Kenya-UN-506910782840195/ Thank you 12 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook