Viet Nam undergoes second Universal Periodic Review
On the 5th of February 2014, Viet Nam, represented by a 23-member delegation headed by Mr. Ha Kim Ngoc, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, went through the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) for the second time. In its first UPR in May 2009, Viet Nam received 123 recommendations from 60 countries, out of which 96 were accepted. In this year’s review 106 delegations made statements and 227 recommendations were provided during the interactive dialogue in Geneva. The recommendations will be examined by Viet Nam which will provide its responses at the latest during the 26th session of the Human Rights Council in June 2014.
The Universal Periodic Review (UPR) is a unique process which involves a periodic review of the human rights records of all 193 UN Member States. The UPR is a significant innovation of the Human Rights Council which is based on equal treatment for all countries. It provides an opportunity for all States to declare what actions they have taken to improve the human rights situations in their countries and to overcome challenges to the enjoyment of human rights. The UPR also includes a sharing of best human rights practices around the globe. Currently, no other mechanism of this kind exists.
All documents related to the UPR session for Viet Nam can be found at the website of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Overview of all documents
- UN submitted documents for the UPR, including the UN Country Team Viet Nam’s report
- All civil society reports submitted for the UPR (shadow reports)
- The draft report of the review which includes all recommendations
- The Viet Nam Review - 18th Session of Universal Periodic Review webcast
- AUCTION! AUCTION!! AUCTION!!! NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE AUTHORISED VEHICLES FOR SALES AT AFFORDABLE PRICES. INTERESTED BUYERS SHOULD KINDLY CONTACT MRs grace ON: (07035420731) FOR EQUIRES. E.G. Golf2, 3, 4, 5, from N200,000-N400,000.Toyota Hiace=N1m.Nissan Sunny Sedan=N650,000.Nissan Patronsuv=N550,000.Nissan Civilian-30seater Bus=N1.1M.Nissan Pathfinder Suv=N650,000.Nissan-Terra 2003-=N400,000.Nissan-Murano-2007-2013 about an hour ago
- One in two families that we worked with in 2015 did not have access to clean drinking water, putting them at risk of contracting water-borne diseases. According to the United Nations Development Programme - UNDP, water-related diseases cost children an estimated 443 million school days each year and kill more people than tuberculosis or malaria. They are also a major contributor to childhood malnutrition. Every child has the right to clean water, and with initiatives like the distribution of water filters, hygiene classes in our Preschool Nutrition Centers, and our WASH Program, we are trying to make that a reality. #WorldWaterWeek 4 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook