UNDP is recruiting a National Intern to support the Youth for Climate Promise activities, in Viet Nam. UNDP is looking for a highly motivated young Vietnamese who is passionate about the environment and want communication with fellow Youth and students on this topic.
The National Intern is expected to support the successful delivery of the project, by mapping and reaching out to youth networks in Viet Nam, contributing to the organisation and logistics of the consultations and events, the production and dissemination of content tailored to the Youth.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The National Intern will be involved in every step of the project, working directly with UNDP Programme Officer, Programme Analyst and International Consultants.
Specifically, s/he is expected to undertake the following activities:
1. Contribute to the organisation of the regional consultations and other events for Youth
- Help to organise the online launch of the project (update the list of participants, logistics, livestream)
- Contribute to the design/content of the banners and infographics
- Ensure smooth coordination with the CSOs implementing the regional consultations, respond to their requests, disseminate the communication package
- Support the successful organisation of the Youth for Climate Camp (outreach, logistics, speakers, translation etc).
2. Support the delivery of Youth 4 Climate daily activities
- Follow-up the rolling-out of Mission 1.5 in Viet Nam and ensure maximum reach
- Monitor in the press and social media who are the start-up innovating in the environment/climate change ecosystem in Viet Nam. Draft a list of potential candidates for the Youth For Climate Innovation Award
- Translate documents from English to Vietnamese and vice/versa
- Write 03 blogs for the UNDP website' Portraits of Youth for Climate' presenting the work and their stories.
3. Contribute to Communication, Network and Outreach
Under the direct supervision of the CCE Media and Communication Programme Analyst:
- Propose, create and disseminate news and youth-friendly contents about the Youth for Climate Promise
- Contribute to drafting and sharing via the social media on Youth for Climate in Viet Nam, the relevant project activities updates and key communication messages for Youth
- Create and update a database with influencers, bloggers, YouTubers, youth-led NGOs groups, start-ups in the field of development and climate change
- Support the Media and Communication Analyst in monitoring press and TV coverage on Youth and climate/ environment in the media, including with the collecting of all media-related
- Ensure consistency of Vietnamese and English messages in the communication of the project
- Support with the layout and design of the communication materials for the project as required.
4. Support with any other related tasks
- Attend webinars and online forums on Youth actions in Climate Change in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Coordinate with all youth-related activities among different projects in the Climate Change and Environment (CCE) Unit
- Prepare 02 reports in the form of newsletters presenting the work done by the CCE unit on Youth and Climate Promise
Interested candidate should send a curriculum vitae via email to Ms. Huynh Huong Thanh, HR Unit, UNDP at email@example.com
Submission deadline: 25 June 2020.