- Impact Aim Viet Nam is an accelerator that aims to help Viet Nam in achieving Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 by amplifying the positive impact of local innovations.
- UNDP first piloted the Impact Aim model in Armenia. Currently, UNDP impact accelerators have been launched and operated in Serbia, Philippines, Indonesia, Turkey and Moldova and Bosnia Herzegovina, while new ones are being built in India, Singapore and Thailand. Similar initiatives are planned for Ukraine, China and several countries in the Balkans, Latin America and the Caribbean and Middle East and North Africa regions in 2020.
- By joining Impact Aim, innovators can gain access to business acceleration support, impact measurement methodologies, dedicated and customized mentorship and connection to networks of investors and scale-up partners.
- In the first phase, Impact Aim Viet Nam will collaborate with the Ending Plastic Pollution Innovation Challenge (or EPPIC) - which is funded by the Government of Norway, to design and implement the 12-month incubation program for the winning teams of the Challenge. Each of the 4 winning teams will also receive up to $18,000 of equity-free seed funding.
- Impact Aim is designed to provide systemic assistance to seed, early growth, growth of the Series A stage ventures to develop and exponentially scale-up their businesses, generating a positive impact through alignment with and targeting the SDGs.
- 15 startups/innovative solutions are supported in the first 3 months
- 4 startups/innovative solutions are supported in the 9-month intensive incubation and product testing programme, and receive 18,000 USD each as equity-free seed funding
KEY FEATURES OF APPROACH
- Public-private partnership
- Outreach and inclusion
- Systematic approach
- Regional and global knowledge and networks
MAIN ACTIVITIES (TENTATIVE)
- AUGUST 2020: Selection of the top 12 teams to join the 3-month incubation programme
- AUGUST - NOVEMBER 2020: 3-month incubation programme including site visit, - mentoring and pitching for the next stage
- DECEMBER - AUGUST 2021: 9-month incubation programme for the 4 best teams, including seed-funding
- SEPTEMBER 2021: Demo Day, introduction with scale-up partners and completion of Impact Aim Viet Nam
MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT, PLEASE VISIT: